Ever wonder what to do with your broken picture frames? Or just need a cute magnet board to store important papers or invitations?
Today I am going to show how to make a super easy and inexpensive magnet board! I made the one below almost a year ago and have it right next to my everyday files. Not only is it functional but it also looks pretty.
Here are 5 easy steps to make one of your own.
1. First you need your frame with no glass, ironed fabric, scissors and tape.
2. Next head over to your home renovation store and ask for galvanized metal. It comes in a sheet but if your not sure, also bring a magnet to make sure its the right stuff. I picked mine up at Lowe's in the heating department. One sheet did two frames.
3. Cut your metal with scissors to the size of the inserts in the frame.
4. Place metal onto fabric and pull edges in and tape. Make sure to pull really tight. Tape all around the fabric.
5. Place metal in frame, along with the mat and backing. Close up and your done!
The black frames and the white one on the right will be for sale at my garage sale & mini craft sale on Friday, May 30 & Saturday, May 31.